PRICED PER PAIR.
FLOOR SAMPLE AVAILABLE IN EBONY (WITH SMALL NICK ON ONE SPEAKER) FOR $5,399.
All the wonder of Platinum II’s crystal clear tonal precision is concentrated by this beautiful little two-way speaker comprising a single 6.5" RDT II mid-bass driver and MPD tweeter.
Easy to place in-room the PL100 II will nevertheless belie its compact dimensions with a wide open soundstage punctuated by breath-taking dynamics and imaging so stable you can almost touch it. A bespoke floor stand (available separately) will position the PL100 II at the perfect listening height.
- 6 1/2" RDT II bass / mid driver
- MPD (Micro Pleated Diaphragm) high frequency transducer designed specifically for Platinum II
- Single rear HiVe II port
- Patented 'DCF' (Dynamic Coupling Filter) mechanism for more natural sound
- Bespoke speaker terminals and footings
- Underhung, edge-wound voice coils: greater driver efficiency and lifelike dynamics, less distortion
- Bolt through drivers: clearer sound and cleaner aesthetics
- Anti-Resonance Composite (ARC) mid-range housings and baffle components: reduced cabinet vibration, purer sound quality
- Hand-upholstered front baffle: the very highest quality Inglestone leather supplied by Andrew Muirhead
- Individual driver grilles
- Finish options: Santos Rosewood or Ebony natural wood veneers with clear gloss piano lacquer, or Piano black gloss lacquer
- Optional dedicated floor stand available
2 Way - 2 Driver
Frequency Response (-6 dB - IEC 268-13)
40 Hz — 100 kHz
111.8 dBA (pair)
6 ohms (4.5Ω min. @ 160 Hz)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
60 — 120 W
Single rear HiVe II port
Drive Unit Complement
1 x 61/2" RDT II bass / mid driver
1 x MPD high frequency transducer
External Dimensions (Including Feet and Spikes (H x W x D))
372 x 225 x 325.54 mm (145/8 x 87/8 x 125/8")
14.94 kg (32 lb 14 oz)